Tuesday, June 8, 2010

May

Life with two keeps me so busy - it is hard to keep up with the blog lately.

Grandma Sandy hosted a beautiful Mother's Day - here is a picture of the most important moms in our lives. So pretty.

My first Mother's Day as a mother of two!

Erin was visiting the Bay Area and made her way up here to spend the day with us. I was SO thankful! She brought her precious Dempsey - Now 10 months!




Well . . . . . the time came! On May 20th the Budda Fairy came to our house! Jack collected all of his buddas (pacifiers) and he and Auntie Carolyn decorated a bag and filled the bag with his buddas. We then put the bag on the front porch for the Budda Fairy to come in the middle of the night while we were sleeping. I assumed my overly dramatic son would be hysterical and his siren cry would ring throughout the neighborhood. But no, no crying, not even a WHINE or a TEAR! I was more emotional than he was! He asked for his budda when he went to bed a few minutes later and Patrick reminded him that we just put them in the bag for the Budda Fairy to come and bring them to all the babies who need them. With that he just rolled over and went to sleep! I cannot believe I waited this long! I honestly thought it was going to be devastating for him - but no. No devastation at all. It was SHOCKING! He has asked for it twice since and I simply asked him if he remembered where they were and he laughed and said "Oh ya, with the BUDDA FAIRY and all the babies!" UNbelievable.

2 comments:

deanne said...

So cute G! He's getting so big.

Pam said...

Love the Budda Fairy story. So cute.