Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy 6 Months STENN!

On June 7th Stenn turned 6 months old - which is one of the hardest things for me to wrap my mind around. I felt like the first 6 months with Jack really felt like 6 months. With Stenn, I almost feel like I just got home from the hospital in many ways. Maybe because my every waking minute was with Jack, and now my every waking minute is split in two. What I do know for sure is that Stenn has the most gentle spirit, the most precious soul, and a smile that looks right through me. He brings me pure joy each day. I am so thankful for him. Friends told me the capacity to love just gets bigger and better - it was so hard for me to believe. But now I most certainly do. The three men in my home (both little and big) bring me so much love spmetimes it can feel like I am drowning in it. What an amazing feeling to have.

So when we took Stenn to the doctor - I went in thinking Jack was 15 lbs. when he was 9 months. Stenn gained exactly 2 pounds from his 4 months appointment going from 13.2 lbs. to 15.2 lbs. (10th %) His height was 26 1/4 "(50 %) and his head - a good ole' 17 1/2 " (75%).

Then I came home and looked up Jack's stats AND WAS FLOORED!!!!
JACK 6 MOS: 15.1 lbs. (10%) Height 26 1/2 " (50 %) and ready for this? Head 17 1/2 " (75%)!

UN - BE - LIEVEABLE!!!!!!! ONLY 1/4 INCH AND 1 OZ. OFF!!!! I think this is crazy! So here is the funniest thing - With Jack at this point he could still easily fit into 0-3 month or 3 month clothes. NOT this little guy - he is built so differently! He is wide, broad, has a long trunk and is solid!



jack


For those retired (grandparents) and actually have a little time - it is fun to click on the first "December" on the right hand side toward the bottom to see Jack at 6 months!

No comments: